Post Doctoral Fellowship
- At least two publications in peer reviewed journals as first author.
- Average impact factor of the publications in peer reviewed journals published as first author must be at least 2.
- The research areas to be pursued under post doctoral research at IIG should be directly relevant to the research activities of IIG. The applications should include detailed research plan, name of the proposed collaborator at IIG, complete CV including list of publications etc.
- Two-step process is followed for the selection. The eligible applications will be screened by an internal committee and the final selection through an expert committee. Each shortlisted candidate will make a presentation of the proposed research project before a committee consisting of external and internal experts, followed by an interview/discussion with the committee.
- Applications to Moos fellowship are received throughout the year. However, selections will be made once in every 6 months when sufficient number of applications are received.
- Upper age limit is 32 years that is relaxable up to 3 years in case of OBC and up to 5 years in case of SC/ST/Woman/Physically challenged candidates.
- Selected candidate gets consolidated fellowship of Rs. 60,000 per month in addition to HRA/accommodation at campus in lieu of HRA.
- In addition, contingency grant of Rs.3.00 lakhs per annum may be provided to facilitate his/her research.
- Candidates who wish to apply under this category should submit his application along with all supporting documents by post to the Registrar, Indian Institute of Geomagnetism, Plot-5, Sector 18, Near Kalamboli Highway, New Panvel (W), Navi Mumbai, 410218.