Guidelines for RA Fellowship (for External Applicants) Category-E
In order to pursue postdoctoral research at IIG under any scheme/stream (both externally sponsored like DST, MOES etc or Institute sponsored fellowships) the candidate should fulfil the following criteria:
- Candidate should have a Ph.D. degree in an area of research pursued in IIG or proof of viva-voce at the time of submission of an application.
- At least two publications in peer reviewed international journals as first author.
- Average impact factor of the publications in peer reviewed journals published as first author must be at least more than or equal to two.
- The research areas to be pursued under postdoctoral research at IIG should be directly relevant to the research activities of IIG. The applications should include detailed research plan, name of the proposed collaborator at IIG, complete CV including list of publications etc.
- For external schemes, the applications for endorsement to pursue postdoctoral program at IIG should be submitted well in advance, i.e. minimum of one month before the deadline.
- For Research Associateship (RA) at IIG, the applications are considered throughout the year subject to fulfilment of conditions (1) to (4).
- The shortlisted candidates shall make a presentation before the committee at IIG. Based on the recommendations of this committee, the fellowship for external applicants in category-E will be awarded to the successful candidate. This tenure for Research Associateship (RA), category-E is valid for a period of ONE year from the award date. The award can be extended for a further period of one year on outstanding performance and recommendations by the Review Committee.
- Selected candidate will get a consolidated fellowship as per IIG norms. The RAs are also eligible for accommodation, subject to the availability and as per IIG policy. If accommodation is not provided, HRA will be paid as applicable.
- Candidates who wish to apply under this category may submit application through online portal and send hard copy of the application along with all supporting documents by post to the Registrar, Indian Institute of Geomagnetism, Plot-5, Sector 18, Near Kalamboli Highway, New Panvel (W), Navi Mumbai, 410218.