Dr. P. B. V. Subba Rao
Electromagnetic Induction Studies
Solid Earth Geomagnetism Division
Room No: 314
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism
Plot No. 5, Sector 18, New Panvel
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra – 410 218
Phone: +91-22-2748 4079
Fax: +91-22-2748 0762
- Ph.D. (Applied Geophysics), Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad (1990)
- M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics), Andhra University, Visakhapatnam (1985)
- BOYSCAST Fellowship, 1993-1994, Institute fur Geophysics and Meteorology, Braunschweig, Germany.
- Visiting Research Fellow, 2002-2003, National Institute for Space Research (NIPE), Sao Jose campus, Brazil.
- Geomagnetic Depth Sounding & Ocean Bottom Magnetometer technique
- Magnetotelluric (MT)
- Gravity and Magnetic methods
Selected Publications in Refereed Journals:
- Subba Rao, P. B. V. and A. K. Singh, Electrical Imaging of the northern part of Lakshadweep Islands, southwestern margin of India, Current Science, 98, 1599-1608, 2010.
- Subba Rao, P. B. V., Regional Conductance map of Andaman-Nicobar Region, Gondwana Research, 13, 386-395, 2008.
- Arora, B. R. and P. B. V. Subba Rao, Integrated modeling of EM response functions from Peninsular India and Bay of Bengal, Earth Planets Space, 54, 637–654, 2002.
- Arora, B. R. P B V Subba Rao, N B Trivedi, A L Padhila and I Vitorello, Appraisal of electromagnetic induction effects on magnetic pulsation studies, Annales Geophysicae, 19, 171-178, 2001.
- Banerjee, B., P.B.V. Subba Rao, Gautam Gupta, E.J. Joseph and B.P. Singh, Results from magnetic survey and geomagnetic depth sounding in the post eruption phase of Barren Island volcano, Earth Planets Space, 50, 327-338, 1998.