Dr. Satyavir Singh
Upper Atmospheric Studies Division
Room No: 203
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism
Plot No. 5, Sector 18, New Panvel
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra – 410 218
Phone: +91-22-2748 4149
Fax : +91-22-2748 0762
- Ph. D. (Physics), Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India (1995)
- M.Sc. (Physics), University of Roorkee, Roorkee, India
- Life Fellow, Indian Geophysical Union, Hyderabad
- Life Member, Indian Geophysical Union, Hyderabad
- Complimentary Member, European Geophysical Union (EGU) for the calendar year 2012
- Honorary Associate Professor, University of Kwa-zulu Natal, Durban, South Africa (2011-13)
- Life Member, Plasma Science Society of India
- Visiting Scientist, University of the Western Cape, Bellville and Hermanus Magnetic Observatory, Hermanus, South Africa (May 5- June 27, 2010, July 2- August 11, 2009, May 7 – June 7, 2008).
- Visiting Scientist, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa and University of Kwazulu-Natal, Durban, South Africa (March 2 – May 14, 2007).
- Visiting Scientist, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria (Sept. 10 – Oct. 7, 2006, Sept. 21 – Oct. 16, 2005) under Indo-Bulgarian project “A Study of ELF/ULF Waves and Field-Aligned Current System by Satellite and Ground Based Measurements”.
- JSPS Long-term Invitational Fellowship (October 2003-June 2004), Research Institute for Sustainable Humanosphere (RISH), Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan.
- Visiting Scientist, University of Natal, Durban, South Africa and Physics Department, Univ. of Durban-Westville, Durban, South Africa (May 12-June 8, 2002).
- Visiting Scientist, M.L. Sultan Technikon, Durban, S. Africa and Physics Department, Univ. of Durban-Westville, Durban, S. Africa (September 9-October 4, 2001).
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Theoretical Physics Division, Physical Research Laboratory, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, India (January 20, 1997 - January 19, 1999).
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Physics Department, Univ. of Durban-Westville, Durban, South Africa (April-December 1996).
- Research Officer, Physics Department, Univ. of Durban-Westville, Durban, South Africa (April 1995-March 1996).
- Magnetosphere - Ionosphere coupling
- Magnetospheric Storms and Substorms phenomena
- Linear and nonlinear waves in space plasmas
- Dusty plasmas
Selected Publications in Refereed Journals:
- Lakhina, G. S., S. V. Singh, A. P. Kakad, M. L. Goldstein, A. F. Viñas and J. S. Pickett, A mechanism for electrostatic solitary structures in the Earth's magnetosheath, J. Geophys. Res., 114, A09212, doi:10.1029/2009JA014306, 2009.
- Pickett, J. S., L.-J. Chen, R. L. Mutel, I. H. Christopher, O. Santolik, G. S. Lakhina, S.V. Singh, R. V. Reddy, D. A. Gurnett, B. T. Tsurutani, and E. Lucek, Furthering our understanding of electrostatic solitary waves through Cluster multi-spacecraft observations and theory, Adv. Space Res., 41, 1666-1676, doi:10.1016/j.asr.2007.05.064, 2008.
- Singh S.V. and G.S. Lakhina, Electron acoustic solitary waves with non-thermal distribution of electrons, Nonl. Processes Geophys., 11, 275-279, doi:10.5194/npg-11-275-2004, 2004..
- Singh S.V. and G.S. Lakhina, Generation of electron-acoustic waves in the magnetosphere, Planet. Space Sci., 49/1, 107-114, doi:10.1016/S0032-0633(00)00126-4, 2001.
- Singh S.V., R.V. Reddy and G.S. Lakhina, Broadband electrostatic noise due to nonlinear electron-acoustic waves, Adv. Space Res., 28, No. 11, 1643-1648, doi:10.1016/S0273-1177(01)00479-3, 2001.