Dr.(Mrs.) B. Veenadhari
W D C & Observatory and Data Analysis Division
Room No: 121
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism
Plot No. 5, Sector 18, New Panvel
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra – 410 218
Phone: +91-22-2748 4005 and 27480764
Fax : +91-22-2748 0762
- Ph. D. research work at National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi, and obtained Ph.D from University of Delhi, Delhi, India on `Tropical Ionosphere and HF Communications' 1997
- M.Phil (Physics) from Sri Venkateswara University, 1991
- Awarded URSI (International Union of radio Science)young Scientist award for the year 1999 and attended URSI GA meeting at Toronto, Canada, July 1999.
- Awarded Leverhulme trust fellowship and worked as a post doctoral research (PDF) at Radio and Space Plasma Physics division at University Leicester, Leicester, UK during 1999- 2000.
- Visiting Scientist at STEL laboratory, Nagoya University, Japan during 2009.
- Space weather – Geomagnetic storms – electrodynamical processes in equatorial and low latitude ionosphere
- Ionosphere – Magnetosphere studies using ELF/VLF waves.
Selected Publications in Refereed Journals:
- B. Veenadhari, S. Alex, T. Kikuchi, A. Shinbori, R. Singh, E. Chandrasekhar, Penetration of Magnetospheric Electric Fields to the Equator and their Effects on Low Latitude Ionosphere during Intense Geomagnetic Storms, J. Geophys. Res., VOL. 115, A03305, doi:10.1029/2009JA014562, 2010.
- Rajesh Singh, B. Veenadhari, M.B. Cohen, P. Pant, A.K. Singh, A.K. Maurya, P. Vohat, U.S. Inan, Initial results from AWESOME VLF receivers: Setup in low latitude Indian region under IHY2007/UNBSSI program, Current Science, 98, No. 3, 398-405, 2010..
- A.K. Maurya, R. Singh, B. Veenadhari, P. Pant and A.K. Singh, Application of lightning discharge generated radio atmospherics/tweeks in lower ionospheric plasma diagnostics, Jour. of Physics C. S., 208, 012061, 2010.
- D. Siingh, A.K. Singh, R.P. Patel, R. Singh, R.P. Singh, B. Veenadhari, M. Mukherjee, Thunderstorms, Lightning, Sprites and Magnetospheric Whistler-mode Radio Waves, Surveys in Geophysics, DOI 10.1007/s10712-008-9053-z, 2008.
- B. Veenadhari and S.Alex, Space weather effects on low latitude geomagnetic field and ionospheric plasma response, Proc. The Solar Influence on the Heliosphere and Earth's Environment: Recent Progress and Prospects, N. Gopalswamy and A. Bhattacharyya (Eds.), 395-398, 2006.