Prof. C. K. Rao
Professor - F
Electromagnetic Induction Studies
Solid Earth Geomagnetism Division
- Ph.D. [Physics (Geophysics)], University of Mumbai, Mumbai (1998)
- M.Sc. [Tech.] (Geophysics), Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam (1985)
- Post Doc Research Fellow (2004-2006) at Geophysics Section, School of Cosmic Physics, Dublin Institute for Advanced studies, Dublin.
- STA Fellowship (1999) at Geological Survey of Japan, Tsukuba.
- Electrical & Electromagnetic methods for shallow exploration · Magnetotelluric method for crustal studies in various tectonic
- Magnetotelluric surveys across Proterozoic basins in India
Selected Publications in Refereed Journals:
- Rao, C.K., Alan G. Jones and Max Moorkamp, The geometry of the Iapetus Suture in Central Ireland deduced from magnetotelluric study, Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, 161, 134-141, doi:10.1016/j.pepi.2007.01.008, 2007.
- Rao, C.K., Yasuo Ogawa, S.G. Gokarn and Gautam Gupta, Electromagnetic imaging of the crust across the Narmada Son lineament and Satpura horst, Central India, Earth Planets and Space, 56, N0.2, 229-238, 2004.
- S.G. Gokarn, G. Gupta and C.K. Rao, Geoelectric structure of the Dharwar craton from magnetotelluric studies: Archean suture zone identified along Chitradurga-Gadag schist belt, Geophysical Journal International, 158, 712-28, doi:10.1046/j.1365-246x.2001.01355.x, 2004.
- S.G. Gokarn, Gautam Gupta, C.K. Rao, and C. Selvaraj, Electrical structure across the Indus Tsangpo Suture and Shyok Suture zones in NW Himalaya using magnetotelluric studies, Geophysical Research Letters, 29(8), 4325-4328, doi:10.1029/2001GL014325,2002.
- S.G. Gokarn, C.K. Rao and Gautam Gupta, Crustal structure in the Siwalik Himalayas using magnetotelluric studies, Earth Planets and Space, 54. No.1, 19-30, 2002.