Prof. (Mrs.) Mita Rajaram
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism
Plot No. 5, Sector 18, New Panvel
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra – 410 218
Phone: +91-22-2748 0763/4018
Fax: +91-22-2748 0762
- Ph. D. (Physics), University of Mumbai, Mumbai (1983)
- Chairman of IAGA Working group DAT of Division V of the International Association of Geomagnetism and Aeronomy (IAGA), dealing with Geomagnetic data and indices: 2007- 2011.
- Executive Committee Member of the Association of Exploration Geophysicists, India, for three terms 2004-2007.
- Member-at-Large of the Committee on International Participation of the American Geophysical Union, for two terms, 2002-2006.
- Co-Chairman of Working Group V. DAT of IAGA, 2003 -2007.
- Co-Chairman of Working Group 9 of Division V of IAGA, dealing with Magnetic anomalies, 2001-2003.
- Member of the Subject Expert Committee in Earth &Atmospheric Sciences for evaluation of proposals under the Women Scientist Scheme of Department of Science and Technology (DST), India, 2003-2005.
- Member on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Virtual Explorer (Australia) since 2001.
- Member of the Project Advisory and Monitoring Committee – Deep Continental Studies of DST, 1998-2001.
- Member of the Earth Science Panel of the University Grants Commission of India, 1996-1998.
- US NRC/NASA Resident Research Associateship, Goddard Space Flight Center, NASA, 1988-1990.
- Fellow: Geological Society of India; Indian Geophysical Union.
- Member: American Geophysical Union; Indian Women Scientists Association; Bombay Association of Science Education; Association of Exploration Geophysicists (India); Society of Petroleum Geophysicists (Mumbai).
- Geopotential Studies: To understand the role of magnetic fields as fingerprints of processes within the Lithosphere using satellite, airborne, ground and marine data.
Selected Publications in Refereed Journals:
- Rajaram Mita, S.P. Anand, K. Hemant and M.E. Purucker, Curie isotherm map of Indian Subcontinent from Satellite and Aeromagnetic Data, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 281, 147-158, doi:10.1016/j.epsl.2009.02.013, 2009.
- Anand, S.P., Rajaram Mita, T. J. Majumdar and R. Bhattacharyya, Structure and Tectonics of 85oE Ridge From Analysis of Geopotential Data, Tectonophysics, 478, 100-110. doi:10.1016/j.tecto.2008.09.036, 11, 2009.
- Rajaram Mita,Depth to Curie isotherm. Encyclopedia of Geomagnetism and Paleomagnetism, edited by David Gubbins and Emilio Herrero-Bervera, Kluwer Publishers, 10.1007/978-1-4020-4423-6, 157–159, 2007.
- Rajaram Mita, S.P. Anand and T.S. Balakrishna, Composite Magnetic Anomaly Map of India and its contiguous regions, Journal of Geological Society of India, 68, 569–576, 2006.
- Rajaram Mita (Ed.), Geophysics: Window to Indian Geology, Journal of Virtual Explorer, 12, (link to journal site) 2003.