Dr. Ashwini Kumar Sinha
Upper Atmospheric Studies Division
Room No: 207
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism
Plot No. 5, Sector 18, New Panvel
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra – 410 218
Phone: +91-22-2748 4145
Fax : +91-22-2748 0762
- Ph. D. (Physics), Indian institute of Geomagnetism, Navi Mumbai, Degree awarded by Mumbai University, Mumbai, India, in 2002
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, Radio and space plasma physics group, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester, United kingdom, 2003-2004.
- Honoured with the certificate of excellence in Space Science from Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia in the year 2005.
- Honoured by the well known cultural organization ‘Ashirvad’ for his contribution in promoting Rajbhasa as official language in November 2009.
- Geomagnetic Pulsations, Magnetosphere - ionosphere coupling
- Magnetospheric storms and substorms, High latitude-Low latitude coupling
- Schumann Resonances
Selected Publications in Refereed Journals:
- Sinha A. K., and R. Rajaram, An Analytical Approach to Toroidal Eigen Mode, J. Geophys. Res., 102, 17,644-17,657, doi:10.1029/97JA01039, 1997.
- Sinha A. K., B. M. Pathan, R. Rajaram, and D. R. K. Rao, Low Frequency Modulation of transionospheric radio wave amplitude at equatorial latitudes: possible role of field line resonances, Ann. Geophyicae, 20, 69-80, doi:10.5194/angeo-20-69-2002, 2002.
- Sinha A. K., and R. Rajaram, Dominance of toroidal oscillations in dawn/dusk sectors: A consequence of solar wind pressure variation, Earth Planet Space, 55, 93-104, 2003.
- Sinha A. K., T.K. Yeoman, J. Wild, D.M. Wright, S.W.H. Cowley, and A. Balogh, Evidence of transverse field line oscillations as observed from Cluster satellite and ground observations, Ann. Geophyicae, 23, 919-929, doi:10.5194/angeo-23-919-2005, 2005.
- Alexander Z. Bochev, Karel Kudela, Iren A. Dimitrova, Petko Nenovski, Ashwini K. Sinha and Marián Slivka, Observations of PC5 pulsations near field aligned current regions, Studia Geophysica et Geodetica, 53, 537-556, doi:10.1007/s11200-009-0038-2, 2009.