Dr. Vinit C. Erram
Technical Officer IV
Geopotential and Electrical Resistivity Group
Solid Earth Geomagnetism (SEG) Division
Room No: 311
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism
Plot No. 5, Sector 18, New Panvel
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra – 4103218
Phone: +91-22-2748 4101
Fax: +91-22-2748 0762
- Ph.D. [Physics(Geophysics)], University of Mumbai (2002)
- M.Sc. (Geology), University of Pune, Pune (1989)
- Crustal magnetic anomalies from ground magnetic data.
- Role of dykes in the hydro-geological set up as well as their role in the occurrence and movement of groundwater.
- To identify the carrier and barrier type of stretches of dykes by adopting hydro-geological, electrical resistivity and ground magnetic surveys.
Selected Publications in Refereed Journals:
- Vinit C. Erram,Gautam Gupta, J.B. Pawar, Suyash Kumar and N.J. Pawar, Dykes of Deccan Volcanics as Potential Groundwater Zones: A joint interpretation based on Ground Magnetic and Resistivity data, Jour.Ind.Geol.Cong., 2(1), 37-45, 2010.
- Vinit C. Erram and Gautam Gupta, Tectonic structure of Guhaghar-Chiplun region based on ground magnetic data. Jour. Geophysics, 30, 93-98,2009
- Anand S.P, Vinit C. Erram and Mita Rajaram, Delineation of crustal structure of Mahanadi basin from ground magnetic survey. Jour Geol. Soc India, 60(5), 283–291, 2002.
- Mita Rajaram, Anand S.P.and Vinit C. Erram, Crustal magnetic studies over Krishna-Godavari basin in Eastern Continental Margin of India, Gondwana Research, 3(3), 385-393, 2000.