Dr. Sandeep Kumar Bhardwaj
Technical Officer IV
Observatory and Data Analysis Division
Room No: 121
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism
Plot No. 5, Sector 18, New Panvel
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra - 410 218
Phone: +91-22-2748 4052
Fax : +91-22-2748 0762
- Ph. D. (Physics), Mumbai University, Mumbai, India (2006) on “Parameterization and sources of Equatorial and low latitude Geomagnetic Oscillations”.
- M.Sc. (Physics with Electronics) Rohilkhand University, Bareilly (U.P).
- Solar quiet (Sq) daily variation studiese
- Equatorial and Counter electrojet
- Geomagnetic secular variations.
Dr. Sandeep Kumar Bhardwaj is currently working at Indian Institute of Geomagnetism (IIG), Mumbai, as Technical Officer III. He has awarded his Ph. D (Science) Degree in Physics under the supervision of Prof. B.R. Arora from University of Mumbai, Mumbai in Feb. 2006. He is associated with Observatory and data analysis group under various fields viz. Ionospheric Sq-current studies, Equatorial electrojet and Geomagnetic Secular Variations etc. Before joining IIG, he has worked as a lecturer at different colleges in U.P and taught theory and practical to B.Sc and M.Sc classes. He also worked as a Research Scholar under Dr. R. K. Rai and associated with Upper Atmospheric Research group under various fields viz. Ionospheric Scintillation, Ionospheric Absorption etc. in the College of Science, Sukhadia University, Udaipur (Raj). He has ~ 3 years of teaching experience and ~ 22 years of research experience.
Selected Publications in Refereed Journals:
- Bhardwaj, S. K. Equatorial and low latitude geomagnetic field oscillations in the Indian region, J. Ind. Geophys. Union., 13, 107 – 120, 2009.
- Arora, B. R. and S. K. Bhardwaj, Spatial and frequency characteristic of equatorial enhancement of geomagnetic field variations, J. Atmos. Solar-Terr. Phys., 65, 1283 – 1292, doi:10.1016/j.jastp.2003.08.008, 2003.
- Bhardwaj, S. K. and G. K. Rangarajan., A model for solar quiet day variation at low latitudes from past observations using singular spectrum analysis, Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. (Earth Planet. Sci.)., 107, 217 – 224, 1998.
- Bhardwaj, S. K. and G. K. Rangarajan., Geomagnetic secular variation at the Indian observatories, J. Geomag. Geoelectr., 49, 1131 – 1144, 1997.
- Bhardwaj, S. K. and G. K. Rangarajan., Solar control of the day-to-day variability in the equatorial geomagnetic field, Ind. J. Radio & Space Phys., 23, 326 – 333, October 1994.