Mr. Praveen Babasaheb Gawali
Technical Officer IV
Environmental and Paleomagnetism Studies
Solid Earth Geomagnetism Division
Room No: 308
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism
Plot No. 5, Sector 18, New Panvel
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra - 410 218
Phone: +91-022-2748 4155
Fax: +91-22-2748 0762
- M.Sc. (Geology), Karnataka University, Dharwad (1992)
- Beach sands and beach dynamics
- Climate and Environmental changes
- Magnetic mineralogy
Selected Publications in Refereed Journals:
- Praveen B. Gawali, Nathani Basavaiah, and Pramod T.Hanamgond,Mineral, Magnetic Properties of Sediments of Beaches Between Vengurla and Redi Coasts, Central West Coast of India: a Seasonal Characterization and Provenance Study, Journal of Coastal Research, 26(3), 569-579, 2010.
- Waghmare, S. Y., S.D. Pimprikar, Praveen B. Gawali, L. Carlo, and A. G. Patil, Tectonomagnetic study in the seismoactive area of Narmada-Son lineament, central India: Preliminary results on repeat field observations, Journal of Earth System Science, 118, 261-272, 2009.
- C. Rajshekhar, Praveen B. Gawali, T.R. Mudgal, P.P. Reddy and N. Basavaiah, Micropalaeontology and Mineral Magnetic Evidences of the Holocene Mudflats of Navlakhi, Gulf of Kachchh, Journal of Indian Geophysical Union, Special Issue, 2004.
- Subba Rao, P. B. V., B.P.Singh and Praveen B. Gawali, A geoelectrical section across the Andaman arc Sea region, northeast Indian Ocean by using ocean bottom magnetometers, Journal of Geological Society of India, 55, 47-64, 2000.
- Hanamgond P. T., Praveen B. Gawali, and V., Chavadi, Heavy mineral distribution and sediment movement at Kwada and Belekeri Bay Beaches, west coast of India, Indian Journal of Marine Sciences. 28, 257-262, 1999.