Dr. Sridhar Banola
Technical Officer III
Upper Atmospheric Studies Division
Room No: 208
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism
Plot No. 5, Sector 18, New Panvel
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra - 410 218
Phone: +91-22-2748 4143, 91-22- 27484085
Fax : +91-22-2748 0762
- Ph. D. (Geophysics), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India (2001).
- M Sc (Tech) Geophysics, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India (1988).
- VHF Satellite Scintillation Studies
- Structure and dynamics of the Ionospheric Irregularities
- Space Weather- Solar Terrestrial Interactions
Selected Publications in Refereed Journals:
- Banola S., B. M. Pathan, D. R. K. Rao and H. Chandra, Spectral characteristics of Scintillations producing ionospheric irregularities in the Indian region, Earth Planets Space, Japan, 57, 47-59, 2005.
- Banola S., B. M. Pathan and D. R. K. Rao, Strength of the equatorial electrojet and geomagnetic activity control on VHF Scintillations at the Indian longitudinal zone, Indian J. Radio and Space Phys., 30, 163-171, 2001.
- Sushil Kumar, B.M. Pathan, D.R.K. Rao, S. Banola, H. Chandra et al , Coordinated observations of VHF scintillations in India during Feb-March 1993’, Indian J. Radio and Space Phys., 29, 22-29, 2000.
- Banola S., Ajay Dhar and G. Rajaram, Movement of Indian Antarctic station Maitri into auroral oval during geomagnetic disturbance, 13th Expedition to Antarctica Scientific Report, D.O.D., Technical publication, 91-105, 1997.
- Banola, S., and G. Rajaram, Intensification of auroral electrojet currents over Indian Antarctic Station Maitri during geomagnetic disturbance, Recent Advances in Plasma Science and Technology (Plasma-95), Allied Publisher Ltd., p 119-123,1996.