The following services are available to the faculty members, staff, research students, project students, and emeritus/visiting scientist.
1. Research Support Service:
- Bibliometric Services: This area covers: Institutional Research Output-This covers analysis of research papers published by institutions, Impact Statistics, cited research area, publication trend, calculating author's productivity, journal preferences, impact factor analysis, subject growth trend analysis and any other services when asked for.
- Article Publication Charges (APC): Input provided for APCs regarding publisher, type of journals, scope for waiver etc.
- Abstract Display Service (ADS): The abstracts of the manuscripts for publications/presentations from the scientific/technical staff of institute are displayed in the Library notice board. This information is also sent to the Regional centers & Observatories of the institute through official email on a daily basis. Abstracts Display Form (Click here)
- Plagiarism Prevention Service: Library offers Plagiarism Prevention Service using 'iThenticate’ tool to its registered users. iThenticate is leading originality checking and plagiarism prevention web tool which allows researchers to compare their contents against the massive databases to ensure the work is original before submission. The users who have credentials to access iThenticate, they may directly access it by visiting: https://app.ithenticate.com/en_us/login
iThenticate User Guide (Click here)
2. Web OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
The Library offers computerized Catalogue Search Services through the Web OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue). The feature of Web OPAC is :
- Search facility: By specifying Author, Title, subject, year of publication or any other field.
- Status of the book: Whether the book is on shelf or issued.
- Number of copies available in library.
- Due date for the borrowed books.
3. Reference and Information Services
Library offers individualized service to assist students, faculty, researchers and staff in locating the required information, or information sources available in the library or elsewhere. Library staff at the circulation desk are available to help readers to,
- Discover the rich collection of reading materials.
- Identify and use electronic and print reference tools.
- Locate information in the library and elsewhere.
4. QR Code (Click here)
Library uses QR Codes on end stacks to lead users to the Resource. Scan the QR code from your mobile through QR code scanner and click the link. After scanning the user will be redirected to the Resource.
5. Digitization of Ph.D. Thesis (Click here) and Project reports (Click here)
Digitization of scientific publications like Ph.D.Thesis and project reports
6. CAS/SDI Service
The newly arrived books /journals are displayed at Library and as well as in digital display boards at IIG Library.
7. Inter-Library Loan (ILL)
The resources not available in the library are procured from other libraries and provided to the users. This arrangement is known as Inter library loan (ILL) facility.
8. Circulation Services (Issue, Return, Renewal)
The staff members of the Institute, visiting scientists and project student can avail this facility. The authorized users can borrow books and bound volumes of the journals for a prescribed time period. The outsiders with necessary permissions can browse through the library collection.
9. Online Access to e-resources (Click here)
Library provides access to a huge range of electronic resources (e-resources) to support learning, academics, and research for students, staff and researchers.
10. Display of New Arrivals (Click here)
New Arrivals (Books, Ph.D. Thesis, Reprint, Print Journals, and Magazines)
11. Computer Access Facilities
Library has several users’ terminals with internet facility. These are meant for mainly scientific work and accessing library catalogue and other facilities. The use of these computers for emailing and downloading is discouraged. The users are requested not to save any files/data on these computers.
12. Reprography Service
The preference is given to get photocopies from the library documents.
13. Library Orientation Programs
Library regularly organises user orientation/Information Literacy Programs at the IIG Library.
14. Trial Access (for various online resources)
The Library regularly arranges trials for new resources.