The following services are available to the faculty members, staff, research students, project students, and emeritus/visiting scientist.
1. Circulation Services (Issue, Return, Renewal)
The staff members of the Institute, visiting scientists and project student can avail this facility. The authorized users can borrow books and bound volumes of the journals for a prescribed time period. The outsiders with necessary permissions can browse through the library collection.
2. Web OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
The Library offers computerized Catalogue Search Services through the Web OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue). The feature of Web OPAC is :
- Search facility: By specifying Author, Title, subject, year of publication or any other field.
- Status of the book: Whether the book is on shelf or issued.
- Number of copies available in library.
- Due date for the borrowed books.
3. Reference and Information Services
Library offers individualized service to assist students, faculty, researchers and staff in locating the required information, or information sources available in the library or elsewhere. Library staff at the circulation desk are available to help readers to,
- Discover the rich collection of reading materials.
- Identify and use electronic and print reference tools.
- Locate information in the library and elsewhere.
4. Abstract Display Service (ADS)
The abstracts of the manuscripts for publications/presentations from the scientific/technical staff of institute are displayed in the Library notice board. This information is also sent to the Regional centers & Observatories of the institute through official email on a daily basis. Abstracts Display Form (Click here)
5. Inter-Library Loan (ILL)
The resources not available in the library are procured from other libraries and provided to the users. This arrangement is known as Inter library loan (ILL) facility.
6. QR Code (Click here)
Library uses QR Codes on end stacks to lead users to the Resource. Scan the QR code from your mobile through QR code scanner and click the link. After scanning the user will be redirected to the Resource.
7. Display of New Arrivals (Click here)
New Arrivals (Books, Ph.D. Thesis, Reprint, Print Journals, and Magazines)
8. Reprography Service
The preference is given to get photocopies from the library documents.
9. Computer Access Facilities
Library has several users’ terminals with internet facility. These are meant for mainly scientific work and accessing library catalogue and other facilities. The use of these computers for emailing and downloading is discouraged. The users are requested not to save any files/data on these computers.
10. Digitization of Ph.D. Thesis (Click here) and Project reports (Click here)
Digitization of scientific publications like Ph.D.Thesis and project reports
11. CAS/SDI Service
The newly arrived books /journals are displayed at Library and as well as in digital display boards at IIG Library.
12. Online Access to e-resources
Library provides access to a huge range of electronic resources (e-resources) to support learning, academics, and research for students, staff and researchers.
13. Library Orientation Programs
Library regularly organises user orientation/Information Literacy Programs at the IIG Library.
14. Trial Access (for various online resources)
The Library regularly arranges trials for new resources.