Summer Training Programme
SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAMME
- To motivate young students who are in their 1st year M Sc/ 2nd year of M. Sc. (Tech.) in the field of Physics/ Atmospheric Physics/ Space Physics/ Geophysics/ Geology and having first class academic record in Bachelors' Degree to participate in a short-term (6-8 weeks) projects with our faculties in the institute during summer (May-June).
- Applications will be invited for summer trainees every year from 1st January to 15th February through open application on IIG website.
- The summer trainees will be advised to spend a minimum period of one month and a maximum period of two months. Students will be provided complementary accommodation, if available. Also, to and fro sleeper class train fare by shortest route from their place of study/home will be reimbursed after successful completion of summer traineeship.
- The students should maintain decorum and discipline of the institute during their stay at campus.
- Summer trainee should give project joining and completion report to HRD (Annexures IV & V).
- For summer trainee submission of project report is not mandatory. However, if the student plan to prepare a report then plagiarism check is mandatory.
- Candidates who wish to apply under this category should submit his application along with all supporting documents (copy of duly filled application from online system, age proof, marksheet, recommendation of HOD etc.) by post to the Registrar, Indian Institute of Geomagnetism, Plot-5, Sector 18, Near Kalamboli Highway, New Panvel (W), Navi Mumbai, 410218.